Re: [ox-en] Re: Next successful Free Product?

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 04:15:36PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], V. Sasi Kumar wrote:
On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 12:30 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Karel Kulhavy wrote:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 10:51:54AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], V. Sasi Kumar wrote:

In the case of Free Science (Open Access), I think what started it was

What is Free Science (Open Access)?

What was described as Free Science in this list, I guess, is the Open
Access movement (see http://www.soros.org/openaccess). The idea is that
all publications should be archived at some site (centralised archive or
personal page) so that they are available to everyone. In the long term,
it works to ensure that all journals put up their articles on their
websites for free download. Open Access also aims at the material to be
made freely usable by authors without the need for asking permission
from the respective author/publisher (of course, with proper credits).
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/overview.htm gives details about the
Open Access movement.

But this can be achieved simply by using GFDL or CC licence - why
duplicating effort with Open Access?

CL<