[ox-en] lovely ibm mantra

http://www.alwayson-network.com/comments.php?id=13664_0_43_0_C

Big Blue Bit by the Blogging Bug

Blogging, just like the Internet, World Wide Web, Linux, and open source, is a major initiative in the marketplace that we should be part of.

By Irving Wladawsky-Berger [IBM] |

Earlier this week, the Journal News published an interesting article on IBM's blogging initiative—"Big Blue Bit by the Blogging Bug" written by reporter Julie Moran Alterio, who interviewed me for the article. She asked me why IBM encouraged its employees to participate in the blogging community, to which I replied that "we absolutely recognize that blogging, just like the Internet, World Wide Web, Linux, and open source, is a major initiative in the marketplace that we should be part of. The best way to be part of it is not to observe it passively but to do it actively." I also commented on the difference between blogs and other more institutional, less personal forms of communication: "Even if you're writing about mainframes or you're writing about XML, it's your personal style that comes across. What you choose to write about is which of the contents of your head are you sharing with the world."