Re: [ox-en] 4th conference

Stefan Merten wrote:
Hi Andres!

Today Andres Baravalle wrote:

Is there any public information/ongoing public discussion on the 4th
oekonux conference?

No.

I'm following the list and it is occasionally mentioned, but I did not
understand which is the current status, if there is already a call for
papers etc.

No. There is certainly the wish to have a 4th Oekonux Conference but
at the moment too many preconditions like a suitable location and
enough "work force" are missing.

Hi Stefan,
now everything is more clear.

Most of my current research is on Open Source and I have discovered the
work of the group only after the last conference in 2004.

I'm aware of the work load necessary to organise a conference and I
would be glad to provide any help for the organisation.

If finding a location is a problem, I can provide some alternatives in
the UK and in Italy.

Plese let me know if I can be of any help,

	Andres

Dr. Andres Baravalle, Research Associate
University of Sheffield - Department of Computer Science

www: http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~andres/
tel:  +44 (0)114 22 21911
fax:  +44 (0)114 22 21810