Re: [ox-en] Re: The new and the old

On 2007-12-01 06:09, Michael Bauwens wrote:
Stefan, in your reply to Graham you say:

<To me peer production is a transition model as
mentioned elsewhere.

MB: I would like you to develop this transition concept.

I wonder why you (and others) never refer to Christians concept (cf.
http://peerconomy.org/ ) in detail. Because, you don't read it yet? Or
didn't find it useful? This already _is_ the best transition concept I
know. It does not keep staying at the level of "principles", but goes
deep into detail and discusses a lot of problems we _will_ face doing
such type of peer economy at a global level.

I can imagine, that when it comes to a 4th ox-conference, peerconomy
should get a prominent place.

Or you just take it pragmatically like Michel does. This is fine too
but somewhat unsatisfying for me being interested in theory.

Well, not just pragmatically as in the spaghetti approach, i.e. see
what sticks,

I don't want to be understood this way, sorry. And in general I am not
against pragmatic approaches.

about the object of study. But it is true that I then apply these
methods pragmatically and avoid high theory in my writings, as this
would be totally inappropriate in a advocacy approach. P2P Theory has
to be an aid to change the world, not a academic publish-or-perish
exercice,

This is completely ok. I am sure, There is enough room for more
fundamental approaches as I prefer. E.g. when you have such misleading
stuff like copyfarleft, then it is useful to have more deeply rooted
theories. I never know if I am right, but this limit we all share.

Ciao,

Start here: www.meretz.de