Material peer production (was: Re: [ox-en] Motto for the 4th conference)

Hi Michel and all!

Well, that's really a new thread so I changed the subject.

Last week (10 days ago) Michael Bauwens wrote:
From: Stefan Meretz <stefan.meretz hbv.org>
I don't think, that peer production is already well established,
the ox4
conference could be one step in doing so.

depends on what you call 'well-established' ... in the immaterial
field, with linux and free software being the basis of one of the
most important infrastructures, with wikipedia, and the billions of
peer produced pages findable through google, I would call that
pretty good already

of course, not in the material field, but in my interpretation,
non-reciprocal peer production is by definition impossible in
physical production, except for the open design phase

I disagree. IMHO the important common denominator here is the labor.
Labor is necessary for material as well as immaterial products and in
this respect they are equal.

I agree that depletion of natural resources is an additional point for
material products but IMHO this is a different topic which belongs
much to a political sphere.

Comments?