Re: [ox-en] The Ideology of Free Culture and the Grammar of Sabotage

Benni Bärmann wrote:

I did not read Matteos text yet, but Negri himself looks in a positive
way at the free software movement (in "Multitude" for example), so dont
blame post-operaists as a whole.

Yes, there are distinct differences between the post-operaisti. But I
would not take Negri in Multitude as typical of any of their (or even
Negri's) position nowadays. It seems to me that they are in the process
of trying to fill their very vague, programmatic announcements of the
80s and early 90s with some contents, and that in the process the form
is also changing. I took Yann Moulier-Boutang's 'Capitalisme Cognitif'
as an attempt to reach some new compromise they could all accept (I'm
not sure if that is a true interpretation), and Matteo's critique is
clearly compatible with that. He himself writes 'the school of
post-operaismo has always had a dystopian vision of the general
intellect produced by workers and digital multitudes'.

Graham

Benni