Re: [ox-en] scientific lockdown by publishers: the case of hacking capitalism

Michel Bauwens wrote:
I wrote this in my blog, at
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/why-danah-boyd-is-depressed-and-angry-and-so-am-i-about-scientific-lockdown-by-publishers/2008/02/11

"Danah Boyd is depressed and angry, because she has written a
marvellous essay on Facebook privacy, but it is locked down between a
paywall, by her own publisher Sage.

Maybe Danah Boyd should just stop being a silly sod, it has been her own choice to use the publisher - instead of licensing it in a different way. From my point of view she's just adding pr to her name, by attempting to make "us" feel sorry for her ass. She's an up-and-very-much-coming academic, recently an invited guest in Davos, and I see no reason for pittying her.

Chz

--

Gregers Petersen
Anthropologist, Ph.d fellow