Re: [ox-en] There is no such thing like "peer money"

Sam,

this is exactly how I envisaged the change process right from the very
beginning of the manuscript P2P and Human Evolution.

Simplified from the germ theory, I see the peer to peer logic emerging
within the capitalist economy, at some stage achieving parity, and then
becoming the core logic.  At that stage, we have a pluralist economy, where
p2p is the core logic and the (non-capitalist) market a subsystem within the
broader system that is no longer ruled by it.

You can imagine a onion, with p2p at the core, and surrounding layers of
peer-informed markets, cooperative production, gift economy logics etc ...
under the meta-regulation of 'partner state policies',

Michel

I like the view that seems to be emerging from the different perspectives
here, which I summarize as "pushing market/money exchanges out to the point
of consumption" so that it is up to other people if they should choose
whether to buy a finished product, or download the plans for free and make
it themselves, plus join the community/commons, etc. But this market does
not drive production, only in a diminished way. It is peripheral. At the
edges of the human ecosystem instead of in the center. Think of a company
like http://www.canonical.com/, which does not drive the production of
http://debian.org, but offers both a gift and for-pay service ecology at a
new point of consumption of linux that they have created.  A different
organization might not need to offer the pay services. But never the less,
this shows an example of how market/money exchanges can be sustainably
coupled with a commons.

i perhaps disagree (if i understand your posting correctly) with the lack
of influence of financial contributors and with giving them no control
what
happens to the money in order to have "independent maintainers". to me it
seems that - especially in a p2p world with lots of small individual
contributors - its actually very benefitial to let them directly decide
what
happens with their money because (i) the influence of the individual is
so
small, and (ii) it certainly will stimulate capital investment if the
donator, member, sponsor has some control and influence what happens to
his/her money. i think the danger that the project goes in a single,
community-adverse direction because of payments, simply doesnt exist in a
p2p world because of the numerous micro-investors. whats so bad if people
can distribute their membership fee or donations on specific projects
(the
list can be prepared by maintainers)?

thx Franz for pointing me to Andrius by putting your quality on his work.

cheers,

--
CoreteamVN
Gartengasse 21

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
AIM: Str9960
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samrose
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose gmail.com
http://socialsynergyweb.com/services

Related Sites/Blogs/Projects:
OpenBusinessModels: http://socialsynergyweb.net/cgi-bin/wiki/FrontPage
http://p2pfoundation.net
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net
http://www.cooperationcommons.com
http://barcampbank.org
http://communitywiki.org
http://openfarmtech.org
Information Filtering:
http://ma.gnolia.com/people/srose/bookmarks
http://del.icio.us/srose
http://twitter.com/SamRose

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: