Re: [ox-en] Re: "At Cost"

Patrick Anderson wrote:
#### REMAINDER OF ENTRY: Ignore if annoyed by theory.

I'm usually not annoyed by theory, but I'm annoyed by attempts to fit a square peg into a round hole, so...

==Part 1: Design -- The pattern of the GNU GPL as User Freedom through
"at cost" access to the Sources of production.

==Part 2: Implementation -- That's great, but whaddaya gonna do about it?

The great Saint IGNUcius implemented the GNU GPL over his *own* property(1).

I think you completely and utterly miss the essence of Free Software.

I don't think what you are saying is wrong in an academic sense. But it is just as right as people are who map Human(e) Relations to market-like interaction:

As long as they live up (or down, rather) to their own model, they are right. But, for most of us, life is much richer than what can be captured in such a model. There are things that can't be expressed in those 'property' terms. The fact that the GPL works by using a legal artifact of the modern capitalist society does in fact not prove that there is nothing beyond it. It's just a clever trick of nature. To put it with Brecht:

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are."

Regards,