Re: [ox-en] remarks on posting styles

Hi Stefan, all,

while I prefer inline replies myself, a disagreement on posting styles
doesn't seem to me a sufficiently important topic to drive people away or
create a schism.

And this:

Stefan Merten wrote:
So if you are caring about
the natural environment you should keep your signal-noise-ratio high.

The signal-noise-ratio of your post is also influenced by your
signature.

was probably just a kind a bad joke? You can't be seriously believing that a
long signature is bad for the environment??

Stefan, on a side note, maybe you could try to stick to on-topic discussions
in the future and avoid all meta-stuff, whenever possible. Your meta-mails,
while I'm sure they're well intended, seem to hurt more than they help.

Thanks
	Christian (with a long sig)

--
|-------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- christian siefkes.net ---------
|   Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/   |   Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|      Peer Production in the Physical World:      http://peerconomy.org/
|------------------------------------------ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x346452D8 --
For most of the past two centuries, the Left has been identified with
science and against obscurantism; we have believed that rational thought
and the fearless analysis of objective reality (both natural and social)
are incisive tools for combating the mystifications promoted by the
powerful -- not to mention being desirable human ends in their own
right. The recent turn of many "progressive" or "leftist" academic
humanists and social scientists toward one or another form of epistemic
relativism betrays this worthy heritage and undermines the already fragile
prospects for progressive social critique.
        --  Alan D. Sokal, A Physicist Experiments With Cultural Studies