Re: [ox-en] There is no such thing like "peer money"

Hi Samuel and all!

Last month (55 days ago) Samuel Rose wrote:
Some metric of value almost always seems to emerge among people once groups
scale up over around 12-25 people or so. So, it seems that among humans,
some form of currency is almost inevitable, based on how often it tends to
emerge. It serves a role, at least being representative of what some-to-all
collectively find valuable.

I think you are not fully correct here. Of course people value things
or they don't. Whether there is a metric - which for me basically
means a facility to project the feeling to a number - is to me highly
questionable. In fact such a metric would abstract from concrete
feelings. This is the very source of alienation.