Re: [ox-en] remarks on posting styles

Paul Cockshott wrote:
Christoph Reuss wrote:
Farewell, Sam.  I'm sorry, but anyone who ventures anywhere near P/P
is doomed to fail on Oekonux.  What mustn't be, cannot be.

Can you explain that Chris?

Not being Chris, but still... Oekonux is a list with a long history. It has had a lot of arguments in its time. Very few of the arguments have actually been resolved; instead they get circular and repetitive, so people either go away, or stay but keep quiet about their particular thing because there is no similar-enough alternative list. Chris is mentioning one of these arguments; there have been others. You may notice the German language group, once the core, is effectively dead (survivors migrated to the english list).

The disadvantage is there are some topics that never really get dealt with. The advantage is that at least the people who are here are here because they are quite highly motivated. Though I suspect the ratio lurkers:contributors may be even higher than normal (the figures are on the website somewhere, don't remember where)

Graham
PS Chris can now say that wasn't what he was talking about at all and I have misunderstood totally.. ;-)