Re: [ox-en] There is no such thing like "peer money"

Stefan Merten schreibt:
I wonder whether one can think of post-capitalist situations where
money exists but no longer dominates society. Frankly I can not
imagine what money could be good for if it is no longer necessary for
the organization of the whole social fabric. This probably needs more
thought...

Imagine a federation of communities designing and buying container
factories and communicorp, the large global apitalist firm that builds on
demand for prosumer customers. The communities have regulated their
internal exchange of goods and services on the base of free availability -
allowing their most of their members to enjoy a totally "use-value
oriented" life. yet, for the acquisition of the container factory they
need money.

Capitalism in this vision is relevant for the life of 20% of people still
active in the hardcore business sector. 80% of people have allready left
it and provide services in the community economy that they also enjoy.
!0% of people pay rent to communities where they dwell and enjoy the same
"all inclusive" deal for living and livelyhood, but work in the corporate
sector to make money to pay their rent. Their rent is used to pay for the
container factories.

Could we build on that intermediate scenario? Would that answer your
question? What new questions would arise?

I very much would like to develop that further. And I think you would also
like to see something more radical than Christians vision. I think even
though its a "mixed economy" it is more radical.

Franz