Re: [ox-en] Re: Availability of C,mm,n

thank you so much!

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 2:00 AM, Jacco Lammers
<jlammers sundayafternoon.nl>wrote:

 Michel Bauwens schreef:

can I use your quotes for a blog update, perhaps with some extra link to
supporting material?

Sure. Our website is also 'in between updates' at the moment, but you can
always link to www.cmmn.org.

Jacco

Michel

(http://p2pfoundation.net/C%2Cmm%2Cn could use an update as well)

Since Michel is so curious: Can you give us an update? If so please
keep the `Cc:` so your reply goes to the discussion list.

Unfortunately there is a difference between 'could be manufactured' and
'will be manufactured'.

Could be manufactured: technically speaking developing and building a car
'kit-car style' is not such a huge challenge. Technologies to build a car
that fulfills most of the goals set, are available. Small scale production
therefore could be managed by 2011. But you need loads of money or a huge
community. We don't have either of those yet.

Therefore as things progress at the moment, there will be an update of
c,mm,n on the 2009 Amsterdam Motor show. By then we have developed the rough
package for a full-electric c,mm,n. There will be a brand new developers web
platform an we hope to welcome a lot of new members to our community. My
current goal is to create a 'developers kit car' for 2011. Probably not road
legal yet, and aimed at the market of testcars. It will be quite expensive,
but highly configurable. And you get the blueprint with it. It is aimed at
corps that test suspensions, electric systems, etc. It will probably be a
funded commercial endeavour that results in open-source blueprints.

If more questions arise, let me know. If you think you can help, let me
know even faster!

Best regards,

Jacco

--
SundayAfternoon webservices
t: +31 (0) 6 5431 5698

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: