Re: [ox-en] Re: What is profit?

Patrick Anderson wrote:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Paul Cockshott <wpc dcs.gla.ac.uk> wrote:
[Converted from multipart/mixed]

[1 text/plain]
But economic theory has no convincing argument as to how this will cool the system down.

I'm unsure what you mean by "cool the system down".

Are you saying maximum competition (where every Product Consumer has
sufficient Ownership in the Land and Capital needed for that
production) would be unimportant?

Wouldn't you like to have a real say in how your food is grown?
Wouldn't you like to get organic food "at cost" - without paying
profit?

Why or why not?

No I am making an argument using what is called probabalistic economics
or econophysics to the effect that the notion of equilibrium and perfect competition as taught in standard economics is wrong because it involves an implausibly low entropy for the economic system. The point about cooling is that for either the 'law of one price' or the rate of profit to approach zero, two orthodox theories which you have used, then the entropy of the economic system would have to be reduced, or
to use another form of expression, it would have to be cooled.  How is this
entropy reduction supposed to occur.

Patrick