Re: [ox-en] Re: What is profit?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Patrick Anderson <agnucius gmail.com>wrote:

Stefan Mz,

Thanks for your patience and persistence.

I hope we can get our terms of discussion (the words we use)
defined/agreed clearly enough to have more useful discussions that
lead to discovering what is currently wrong.

First of all, when you say "Value", do you mean "Exchange Value" or
"Surplus Value" or "Use Value" or something else?

the value as determined by the socially average labour

My original understanding for measuring the "amount of labor" (though
I would say it is quantity*quality, not just 'amount') is simply
"Wage".  So my first definition is:

1.) Wage == "Labor Value"

of course not: wage = underpriced labour value

This says that workers already receive as much value as they add to
the product in the form of the wages they are paid.

I guess you are kidding here

I say this because I think the worker is being exploited as a Consumer
through overpriced product, not as a Worker through underpriced wage.

both are true ..., but there are other forms of 'financial' exploitation,
expropriation through usury (credit card debt), but I suppose you would
interpret that as overpriced credit