Re: [ox-en] Fwd: Towards a Natural P2P Theory

Stefan,

it is best to see nature-culture etc.. as a nested hierarchy ...

Culture cannot exist without nature, but nature can exist without culture,
but once culture exists, it can influence nature ...

What Marc is saying is that we cannot have a peer production culture,
without the right inputs from nature

and because we are doing this today in a nature-destroying way, we need to
change our cultural rules of how we use nature

you say: This includes the availability of energy in the
needed form. But that's trivial.

well, I think that not's trivial at all ... we are depleting the resources
of nature because we use the wrong kinds of energy and use too much of it

what Marc is trying to achieve I think is a system of incentives that leads
us easily to make the right choices in that regard, and to insure that we do
not use more energy from the world than we take from it, because for human
purposes, energy is not infinite, but dependent on our ability to transform
it to our usage, and this is, historically speaking,not trivial at all ...

Michel