[ox-en] Re: Profit and Value, was: Re(2): [ox-en] extrinsic motivation = coercion

Sorry Patrick I am not trying to give another meaning to price and cost
that the monetary economy provides. If we want to reinvent economy we
should clearly use different terms.

Patrick Anderson writes:

Franz, within you definitions, what is the difference between 'Price'
and 'Cost', or do you see them as the same thing?

Price is the expression of a commodities value through the quantity of
money, which is in itself an absurd and very interesting relation. (value
of thing A expressed by quantity of thing B. If you understand that value
MUST and CAN ONLY be expressed in a FORM which is totally ALIEN to the
CONTENT which is the CONTESTION for the ACCEPTANCE of a commodity as
REPESENTATION OF QUANTITY OF SOCIAL LABOUR you got my point and also
started to find the solution to the riddle of money.)

Cost is the sum of prices of the production of a commodity.

Wage is part of cost.

Within your definitions, what is the difference between 'Wage' and
'Profit', or do you see them as the same thing?

Wage is the amount paid by the organizer of a production process to the
people employed. In case of self-employment, "wage" is the part which is
necessary to reproduce the employees ability to reproduce his/her
work-ability, whilst profit is the surplus that remains after the
deduction of costs from income.

There is an "entrepreneurs wage" which is obviously difficult to determine
but a necessary assumption to understand the productive element of the
owners activity. It is usually mixed with profit, but in fact it is a
different part of the revenue. Revenue is the part which is not used to
cover material costs of production (the reproduction of capital) but
personal subsistence. It has three forms: Wage, ( including entrepreneurs
wage), industrial and commercial profit and rent. (Rent is costs of
elements that cannot be produced industrially but are necessary components
in the production process. Space, Information, Political power, Interest
and so on.)

Within you definitions, what is the difference between 'Worker' and
'Owner', or do you see them as the same thing?

They can be the same thing but whenever profit is the goal of
production,production has to be subdued to optimisations to be profitable.

In these cases an economy of scale occurs where the employment of external
workers and of machines creates increased profitability, by the
organisation of efficiency, division of labor, guided cooperation and so
on.

In the end worker and owner end up as two opposing social characters.

The release of employed workers and the re-introduction of formal
ownership marks a turning point in capitalist history, because it could be
the birthplace of the true "free association of workers".  (from I to We)

Franz