Re: [ox-en] Website

Hi all

I am "on the move" so cannot write as much as I should.

Re audience I agree with Stefan Mn below: the core message should appeal to as many as possib;e; later there could be subpages "for hackers", "for academics", "for office workers" etc.

In my view to make the website attractive it would help to have regularly updated content and / or interactivity.

Possibly there could be a [link to a] new featured text on the front page each month: this would be a way to rebuild from the ground up by re-introducing new and old "important" [ox] texts.

Also I think it would be good to have some interaction where a person involved in the theory or practice of peer production responds to people / engages in dialogue every month.

In terms of producing theory I think it would help focus to have some clear directions for research e.g.:
- what are the practical problems faced by peer projects (money, expertise...)
- how can can peer production be extended?
- ??

Finally I want to raise the question of aesthetics. Evidently for StefanMn it is important that the tools used conform to certain standards. Another concern is that the website look and feel good. Now, I just don't have the time to learn reStructuredText. All I care about is to have an excellent website. But now we come to the tricky question of taste and of what the tsoftware can do. Maybe the easiest would be to give examples of what we think are "good-looking" websites.
The basic form could be a wiki format a la Wikipedia or P2PFoundation:
http://p2pfoundation.net/The_Foundation_for_P2P_Alternatives
Or it could be more like a magazine with short extracts see for example: http://politics.theatlantic.com/

Other ideas..?.

cheers