Re: [ox-en] selbst-ent-falt-ung = self-un-fold-ing

list-en oekonux.org schreibt:
I had previously parsed Selbstentfaltung as
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-actualization
which wikipedia translates more accurately
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selbstverwirklichung
The two are closely related; Selbstentfaltung emphasising the change of
the
individual while Selbstverwirklichung stressing connection to the world
outside.

Robin
http://altruists.org/ae911

Strange: we use it exactly in the opposite sense.

Selbstverwirklichung is a quite popular term
or rather; it USED TO BE popular in the late sixties and seventies (and
maybe still eighties)
it was closely related to the 68-movement.
has connotation of hedonism and recklessness

Selbstentfaltung was a refuge for us in Oekonux
to make a difference -
a terminological difference that originated in critical psychology
also Anette Schlemm ues this frequently
http://www.thur.de/philo/ku51.htm
http://www.thur.de/philo/ku51b.htm

If you connect this to many other strands:
Frithjof Bergmann - doing what we really really want
Arnold Kayserling - the social fabric of the Aquarian Age

you will see that the term is in the center of contention
of a social theory of voluntary cooperation.

Franz