Message 00022 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [ox-en] non-commercial software lic

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Robin Green wrote:

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 03:13:35PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], august wrote:
for cases such as a linux distro, special permission could be granted.
could even be in the license.

No, it couldn't. Because then $ENTITY_YOU_HATE could buy the distro and use
it that way.

well, I don't see why not.  Can you be more specific?  Seems to me like
all kinds of restrictions could be made.

so, default is to disallow all commercial distrobution and use.  and
perhaps like the QT license, you make special provisions for commercial
ventures (provided that they pay or contribute a significant amount of
GPL or similar floss code).

What you're talking about could not be included in any Linux distro.

it certainly could.

Even
the proprietary stuff that sometimes gets included is free for
binary-only commercial use, usually.

so?

afaict, almost all distrobutions of linux include various kinds of
licenses.  no reason why lics couldn't be mixed in a distro.

-august.

Message 00022 [Homepage] [Navigation]