Message 00259 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] research threads instead of special issues

Just a couple of comments on what has been discussed/proposed so far:

1. Regarding *special issues vs. research threads*: I agree with Toni P.
that going for research threads makes good sense, and I agree with
Stefan (Merten) that there's no trade-off involved here: as Stefan says,
'a special issue could be the starting point for a research thread which
then continues' (Mar8, 2010). I'd add that the converse works too: a
research thread could be the 'trunk' from which are released special
issues.

2. Regarding the *submission process*: although this might complicate
things a bit in the beginning (for both editorial team and potential
contributing authors), i agree with the idea of letting submitting
authors decide whether they prefer their submissions to be evaluated
according to the accept/reject model or based on 'signals'.

X,
g.

Message 00259 [Homepage] [Navigation]