Message 00291 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[jox] Re: Skins for the journal site

Hi Biella and all!

5 days ago Stefan Merten wrote:
Last week (9 days ago) Gabriella Coleman wrote:
Hi everyone,

So here are some of the sites I was thinking of. The first one does not
qualify as minimal but is perhaps the best example of a site that
integrates audio visual material quite beautifully:

http://canopycanopycanopy.com/

Oops - do we need something like this?

Then there are other sties that are blogs but are being configured more
like magazines than blogs:

http://www.lonegunman.co.uk/2009/11/25/blogs-designed-like-magazines/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LoneGunman+(Lone+Gunman)

Hmm... I don't know whether the standard skins provide designs like
this.

Finally: I agree that simple is good. But hopefully we can manage
something that is simple but professional looking and aesthetically
strong. I think Fast Capitalism has some of these qualities though I am
not crazy about the color scheme:

http://www.uta.edu/huma/agger/fastcapitalism/5_2/home.html

Looks like being easier to reach.

I am sure other folks have suggestions and samples so do send along.

I set up a survey_ for now. It should be visible to all accounts I
created.

.. _survey: http://cspp.oekonux.org/scientific-committee/website/skin-survey

Well, I now created the survey. You can check out the designs linked
to the questions and give your opinion. Or you can check through all
`available Plone themes`_ and suggest some more skins to choose from.

.. _available Plone themes: http://plone.org/products/by-category/themes

In any case: Don't focus on colors and pictures / logos. These can be
changed relatively easily. Look for the structure and things like
icons.

How to continue from here? I'd suggest to allow for some time (two
weeks) for more suggestions on skins. Then have another two weeks for
a survey. Better ideas? Mathieu?

Message 00291 [Homepage] [Navigation]