Message 00407 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: Making pieces visible (was: [jox] Journal update)

Hi Stefan, all

In my opinion the site is not ready yet to go live and include content: the structure and layout still need work, as outlined in my message to the technical list last week.

Re. sub-categories, I indicated in that same email that the existing ones such as theory and activist are too general, and that we should use some of those presented in the CFP instead. For what its worth, here they are, without "peer production":

political economy
exchange
alternative to capitalism
capitalist cooptation
(I think the previous four are quite similar and could be blended? as political economy or capitalism)

critical theory (in above as well?)

expertise

social movements

governance (in peer projects)

ethics

hardware

feminism

industry and ecology

They don't all need to be there, of course... We could take out expertise for example - the others seem quite different; if there is consensus I can edit the page mentioned below.

cheers,

Mathieu