From: Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de>
Date: Monday, January 24, 2011 6:59 pm
Subject: Re: [jox] Clarification: review process
To: journal oekonux.org

Hi Mathieu!

Yesterday Mathieu ONeil wrote:
1. Authors are not anonymous but reviewers are anonymous.
People who submit papers can not be not anonymous since
submissions are openly discussed on the list.

Why is this necessary? Shouldn't the ideas be protected from openness?

Hope this helps to clarify, please point out any issues.

The initial process IMHO is really broken by design. The key
would be
to not involve the mailing list for this but use the site from the
start. In addition the mailing list has another purpose and IMHO
it is
needed for this purpose.

****
Dr Mathieu O'Neil
Adjunct Research Fellow
Australian Demographic and Social Research Institute
College of Arts and Social Science
The Australian National University
email: mathieu.oneil[at]anu.edu.au
web: http://adsri.anu.edu.au/people/visitors/mathieu.php