Message 00959 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] A response to Michel and Jakob

Am 15.03.2012 13:25, schrieb Stefan Meretz:
Hm, I would say the core of peer prodcution has no regime of
value, even if it acts in a alien framework of value.

it's about use value, so there is value, but does that mean there
is no regime of value, could it not have 'another regime of value'
?

Not in the Marxian sense, I would say. In a more metaphoric sense:
Yes, we value each other and peer production very much.

Since it is on "own common needs" it has no (outer) value also in the Marxian sense in the same way as hobbying has no "value". This does not mean that there is no inner accounting, in the same way as the members of a hobbyist club may establish an inner accounting. The point is, that the value category is a fractal one, so all depends on the granularity size of your considerations.

hgg

--

  Dr. Hans-Gert Graebe, apl. Prof., Inst. Informatik, Univ. Leipzig
  postal address: Postfach 10 09 20, D-04009 Leipzig

Message 00959 [Homepage] [Navigation]