Message 00961 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] A response to Michel and Jakob

Christian, but why not have an integrative approach, you go from one
special case, the need for reciprocity, to another, that doesn't require
it, but the point is that we need both approaches, depending on the context
... in some cases, like say requiring emergency medical care, do you want
to exclusively rely on people's goodwill?

that's the whole point of relational pluralism, that no size fits all, and
that a complex society needs differentiated systems ... the key question is
which system is the dominant one, now it is a specific type of exchange,
and it need not be that way ...