Message 00967 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] A response to Michel and Jakob

Hi Jakob,

Am 22.03.2012 12:08, schrieb Jakob Rigi:
Great. When and where is the workshop? In what language is it? Can I
attend it if it is in english (I don't speak German).

The workshop is on April, 27-29 and completely in German. The more its aim is quite different to the discussions here, since we aim at forming a german "MINT-speaking" community centered around LIFIS http://www.leibniz-institut.de/page/index.php (as far as I see, they don't even have an information in english on the web) to get an impact on the corresponding discussions on a national level.

But we have a strong group on open knowlegde in Leipzig http://aksw.org/About so may be there are some overlaps in interest?

I agree that these questions should be answered within capitalism too,
here and now. For example the fact that German government tries to
replace many of current polluting sources of energy with solar energy is
a good thing.

Really? It works only because it is hardly subventioned, and the subventions are cutting down since the (national capitalist) government realized that they subvention not the national capital but Chinese solar panel production (and the national trading capital found out that way of getting "free lunch" very fast). Moreover they invest in solar panels (and in wind energy) but not in the energy net, so the latter was several times short before a crash. Unfortunately there is not only a money logic but also a technical one, that's getting more and more complicated.

But we need to connect this fight for partial ecological reforms
within capitalism to a universal fight which aims at abolishing
capitalism and replacing it by a production system which is by nature
ecological.

Is this another story about Cockaigne? What is "a production system which is by nature ecological"? I have not even an idea, if "nature is by nature ecological". Could you explain your wordings in more detail?

hgg

--

  Dr. Hans-Gert Graebe, apl. Prof., Inst. Informatik, Univ. Leipzig
  postal address: Postfach 10 09 20, D-04009 Leipzig

Message 00967 [Homepage] [Navigation]