Message 00001 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[jox-tech] Compilation of technical aspects

Hi there!

Here is a compilation of technical aspects. I'm doing this to explore
the felt current status of this and to move forward then. Please do
comment if you see things differently.

* Page layout

  There were discussions about a proper layout of pages. AFAICS
  technically there are enough features to work with but the problem
  is that these features have to be used by someone who is able to
  make something nice from of it.

  Since Mathieu was one of the main stakeholders here: It could be
  helpful if you could make a sketch of a typical page layout as you
  imagine it. Just a plain picture - nothing fancy. This could be a
  start to move in the right direction.

* Site structure

  Here AFAICS the `respective mail`_ from Mathieu and the following
  thread defines what is wanted. I'll try a summary on this.

  .. _respective mail: http://www.oekonux.org/journal/list/archive/msg00333.html

* Notifications from the site

  The problem of too many / too few notifications from the site seems
  to be solved for the moment. May need fine-tuning in the future.

* Mailing lists in Plone

  The mailing lists should be integrated into Plone including a search
  facility. This is a general topic I'll have to deal with for the
  Oekonux site anyway.

* Details about sumissions and review collaboration

  There were debates about how to exactly do the submissions and
  reviews. This included organizational aspects as well as technical
  aspects. Unless the organizational aspects are clarified there is
  little that can be done technically.

Anything I forgot?

If you want to reply to any aspect *please* change the subject so the
various topics can be located in the archive easily.

Message 00001 [Homepage] [Navigation]