Re: [ox-en] Translation project available

Hi Graham!

Yesterday graham wrote:
Sorry about the delay replying.

Don't worry. Personally, I have mails in my `inbox' which are several
weeks old, and I'm still planning to reply to them.

As you may know translations are best when done into one's mother
tongue - which seems not to be possible now :-( .

However, you as a seemingly native English speaker can do a *great*
job by proof reading translations made by Germans.
I can give it a go. However, sometimes its difficult to correct
a text when you're not 100% sure of the meaning of the original -
you may find things come out a little slanted to my personal views ;-)

Well, this happens with every translation. Meanwhile Thomas is
subscribed to this list so you may communicate here.

Sooner or later I'd hope so. Unfortunately at the moment I have no
time to spread the word in the English speaking / international world
:-( .

Shame - at the moment two of the main things I'm interested in in the
internet world are happening in German and Japanese, neither of which
I know (italian, french, portuguese, a little russian - but not those
two).

Actually, I for one am glad that this thing happened in German. We had
a discussion in the very early days whether to write English on the
list - with just Germans subscribed... Personally I'm glad we're doing
German, since the sometimes pretty difficult things we are discussing
would be even more difficult if said in a non-native language with
many variations on the personal abilities...

Seems like a practical disproof of optimistic ideas of  truly
world-wide collaborative work (and even more so in the future with
China :-(

Yeah, language *is* a problem - and will stay so for quite a while I
guess. However, at least for the Western countries English may qualify
as the Lingua Franca. And given the crude English of many persons, I
don't envy you ;-) .

However, there is an even bigger problem about different cultures
which often enough make communication difficult - since the do's and
dont's are so different sometimes, and this is by far less visible
than not grasping the meaning of a word... I have been part of an
international anarchist project (a-infos) for about two years - I know
what I'm talking about ;-) ...

PS have you seen the front page of http://www.cybercommunism.org ?
Kind of optimistic about the number of translators available!

To me it looks more as a standard web page set up by Network
Solutions.

mine is
http://opencollector.org)

This is *great*. Exactly what we are looking for! I'll link it
immediately to the Oekonux link page.

Oh well, I'm talking too much...

						Mit li(e)bertären Grüßen