[ox-en] osslaw.org - site gone - new links to 'right to compatability'?

  I figured some of you might know what happened to this site and
initiative.

  I am working on copyright issues, specifically trying to direct the
Canadian government to take a different path than the USA.  I will be
having a meeting with government bureaucrats in the next few weeks and
want to have an update on what the French and other governments are doing
on Open Source.

  The "right to compatibility" stuff that was seen in the 1991 EU
directive on software is critical - the rejection of copyright for
"interfaces" could close the discussion on legal protection of
technological measures, the most controversial (and simply idiotic)
aspects of the USSA's 1998 DMCA.

---
 See http://weblog.flora.org/ for announcements, activities, and opinions
 Get Legal - become Free! http://weblog.flora.ca/article.php3?story_id=126