Re: [ox-en] GNU / surplus value

Hi Johan!

2 months (69 days) ago johan soderberg wrote:
Before signing up I exchanged a few  comments with Stefan on GNU and
marxist theory, and he suggested me to post it on the list instead.
I push the boat out and see where it might lead of to...

Unfortunately nobody sprang into you boat :-( .

The importance of information commodities can, in my opinion, be
traced back to increased organic composition of capital (the
replacement of living, physical labour with machinery / fixed
capital). Because living labour is the basis of value (and the
source from which capital accumulates its wealth), the discharging
of labour from production results in falling profits from that
production. Automation has rendered labour in agriculture and
manufacturing sectors 'hollow' of profit, so that the only living
labour left at the heart of production is scientific/technical
complex labour that is positioned behind (innovating) the
agricultural/manifatcural machinery. (what marx labelled the
'general intellect').

Yes.

Increasingly the exchange value in agricultural/manufacture products
are the added information (the genemodification and branding of
tomato, not the growing of a tomato). Thus capital must find ways to
valorize (extort payment/exchange value) the labour of tomato
GM-research. Had it to rely only on profits from the labour of
picking tomatoes, it would eventually starve.

That seems to be similar to what we're discussing in the "Value of
software" thread, isn't it?