Re: [ox-en] Richard Barbrook article

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Benni Baermann wrote:

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 08:18:20AM -0400, Graham Seaman wrote:
Thought this might be interesting - bit breathless, but good.

This is the same "Richard Barbrook" from "Californian Ideology"
(http://cci.wmin.ac.uk/HRC/ci/calif5.html)? It is in some sense
complete the opposite view, or not?

Yes, the same person. IMO it is in general the same point of view -
Richard has a tendency to very heavy use of irony ;-) I think in this
essay he is serious;  in the Californian Ideology large parts were very
ironic. If I remember correctly, much of the Californian Ideology was also
an attack on the whole Deleuse/Guattari trend, and unless I'm much
mistaken he still feels the same way about them; this is not the same as
attacking the phenomena he talks about in this essay.

There are several other papers around of his with more obviously similar
views to this one - Richard may be able to point you to one (or tell you
I'm talking complete rubbish...)

Graham

Benni