Re: [ox-en] stallman interview..

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Graham Seaman wrote:

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/2[PHONE NUMBER REMOVED].html
(spanish) - nothing totally new, but here's a little extract:
(re MJ Ray's last list message: I've translated 'libre' as 'free'
and 'gratuito' as 'free-of-cost' or 'no-cost')

After posting that I've seen a discussion of the interview on
barrapunto.com where have the writers are accusing the interviewer of
mistranslating 'free' as 'gratuito'. I don't think so, because a) in most
cases the interview says 'libre y gratuito', not just 'gratuito' b) the
interviewer says Stallman speaks spanish, with difficulty but well enough
to make jokes. I can't believe he wouldn't have been careful to make
himself clear.

Another thread on barrapunto says stallman is sounding increasingly like
Proudhon. I've been trying to find Proudhon's book  against copyright,
but haven't been able to (not even local university libraries). Has anyone
ever seen a copy anywhere on the web? 'Literary Entails' in English, but I
don't know the french title.

Graham