Re: [ox-en] further thoughts on the book idea?

Hi bookies!

From the subjects I see there is another thread on creating a book. I
hope I'll catch on soon - not knowing whether I'm really needed for
such a project.

Last month (50 days ago) Graham Seaman wrote:
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 alan lokmail.com wrote:
Johann, I believe, had suggested the idea of doing a book of
Oekonux and related materials. The same idea was being kicked
around by others in Berlin and received some discussion during the
closing plenary (or so it seemed to me as I was buttonholed whilst
grabbing my jacket!). After the conference I mailed some other
members of the autonomedia editorial collective about the idea, and
received a positive response.

Does Graham or anyone else know if there has been further discussion of
this on the German list?

I don't believe so, but I haven't been reading all the german list
lately..

Until now I don't see much interest in a book on the German part of
Oekonux. But this doesn't matter much. If people here are willing to
do the work that's great.

My impression is people are waiting till Stefan has managed
to collect all the promised papers...

Ahm, I don't share that impression ;-) . However, here is the state of
affairs:

* There are 5 contributions already on the web sites. One of them is
  in English.

* There are 10 more contributions in my queue. At the moment I'm not
  rushing myself to be quicker with this :-(-: .

* There are still 9 contributions missing. As experience shows there
  is not much hope to get them at all :-( .

I did no work on all the audio stuff until now. However, two third of
it is on my hard disk already. If anyone is willing to help here I'd
be glad. The recordings need to be checked for technical hazards and
they need to be removed as good as possible (i.e. amplify the signal
and remove clicks resulting from (I guess) overdriven microphone
amplifier. In addition the beginning and end of each recording needs
to be identified so the track can be cut to this before putting it on
the web sites. If someone wants to give it a try I can put MP3s on
some web space (up to 50MB for one recording).