Re: [ox-en] Re: English link page

Hi Stefan

On Sat 08-Feb-2003 at 08:44:44PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Stefan Merten wrote:

Things like this normally go to the `projekt oekonux.de' list. But
then ;-) ...

Oops, sorry, I'll remember thet for the future :-)

Last week (8 days ago) Chris Croome wrote:

If the links have this attribute added:

    hreflang="en"
 > Foo</a>

But this would be no valid HTML :-( .

No, it would be valid and better HTML -- I wouldn't dream of
proposing something that wasn't vaild HTML unless there was a very
good reason!

  http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#adef-hreflang

For example the source for the first entry looks this way:

  * Die {{[jump="http://openmusic.linuxtag.org/"]OpenMusic}}-Initiative
    konzentriert sich auf die Erstellung von {{2:Lizenzen für Musik}}.
    Die Initiative ist auf die Frage ausgerichtet, wie mit Musik Geld
    verdient werden kann.

After the `jump' attribute I could consistently add another one and
produce (next to) any HTML we find useful.

OK, I understand, the templating stsyem you are using for generating
HTML doesn't allow additional attributes to be added to link
elements.

I guess the thing to do along the lines of what I suggested but in
keeping with the style of HTML would be to add a little [EN] icon
after each english link:

This is a bit off-topic but it's the main bit of Free software that
has been released by the guys I work with and it is, IMHO, the
coolest way of doing HTML templates:

  http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Petal

It allows XHTML templates to be written where all the templating
instructions are attibutes of existing elements.

Chris

--
http://chris.croome.net/