[ox-en] Re: WSIS activities

Hi MJ and all!

2 weeks (18 days) ago MJ Ray wrote:
Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de> wrote:
I'm a bit involved in the preparations of the German civil society for
the WSIS. However, at the moment I'm not planning to get really
involved there.

I am trying to encourage the Free Software Foundations to participate with
WSIS, but I find it confusing.

That's because it *is* confusing... Actually no-one seems to have an
idea what this summit is about. The good thing about this is that the
civil society gains some space to mention their concerns.

Are there good guides in English or German
beyond the official site to what will be happening at the meetings and what
organisations can achieve?

There is

	http://www.worldsummit2003.de/

which is the web site of people from the group I mentioned above. I
think it is a better filter than no filter at all.

Are the supporters of free software co-ordinating
at all?

I don't know because I'm not following for instance the discussions of
the FSFE. StefanMz and Benni did this before and if they are still
doing so they may know.