Re: [ox-en] OSS & post-development practices (waag, amsterdam, june 3)

geert lovink <geert desk.nl> wrote:
In the South (formerly called: the Third World), the use of Open Source
Software (OSS) spreads rapidly. The advantages of OSS over commercial
software are in the field of user freedom and often cost savings.

OSS, or rather free software and commerciality are orthogonal.  To talk
of the advantages of one over the other is like discussing the advantages
of oranges over self-mutilation.  It makes no sense.  Is someone who is
attending this able to approach the organisers and help them understand
the topics, please?

Another concern to me is the talk of "Intellectual Property Rights" which
implicitly accepts the notion that thoughts may be property of someone.

Anyway, can someone give us the stream URL so we can observe, please?

--
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.