Re: [ox-en] Open Source and Denied Parties

From a friend of mine ....

See copyright is at the core of open source, and geographical barriers at the heart of that. And it is anti competitive too, in an age of trade liberalisation they say.

johan soderberg wrote:

So a US citizen is not allowed to 'export' the
sources to, say, a Syrian
national, but I could set up a download for him
where he could get it,
since I am not under US jurisdiction.

That is the very reason you will be (and me to) under
US jurisdiction (thoug US spelled MAI/WTO/WIPO) in a
not too distant future. And why I think that Empire
will be a justifiable description of it in a few
decades ahead.
- Johan

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Martin Hardie
/\/\I-I/\/\I-I/\/\I-I/\/\I-I
auskadi tvcabo.co.mz
hardie ekno.com
Avenida Julius Nyerere 812 7E
Maputo Mozambique (don't use the post!!)
(258) 82 449428
Artekale 30, 2A
Durango, 48200
Bizkaia, Euskal Herria,