Re: [ox-en] Re: [ox] Theses about the relation between the Oekonux project and the remaining world

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Christian Siefkes wrote:

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Graham Seaman wrote:
Rassists and neo-nazis? Anti-Semits?
Have you seen such people on oekonux?

No, and I don't think it likely they would come. But it's not just a idle
question, considering the anti-globalization movement. There the occurence
of nationalist and anti-Semite views is a serious problem, and parts of
the movement fail to clearly react and dissociate oneself from such
positions (cf. the discussion in the German section of Attac). I think
that's partly due to the unwillingness to take a political position beyond
some or other "question of interest", specifically by the unwillingness to
consider oneselves "left".

If neo-nazism becomes a problem within the oekonux lists then we will
have to do something about it. Declaring ourselves 'left' now doesn't
remove the (very small) possibility of it becoming a problem in the
future; declaring ourselves 'left' then won't solve it if it has become a
problem. The important thing is what we do, not the label.

Graham