[ox-en] Re: [ox] Re: Oekonux and politics

Stefan Merten writes:
Hmm... One of the good things in Oekonux is that even such discussions
bring new insights - at least for me. Actually I think I had some
roots for this in my head for quite some time now, but Graham's third
possibility put it to the point: Coalitions of organizations might be
simply outdated. Coalitions of organizations are a typical construct
of mass societies. Free Software in many respects transcends mass
societies.

But even in a non-mass society, individuals need organisations sometimes
,-)
and when they need to join organisations to achieve certain tasks, they
might also want organisations to join to achieve more complex tasks.

Why not favour this network approach where simply each individual
decides who to coalize with and who to avoid? To me this does sound
much more like Free Software than "Newsflash: Today Apache and Debian
announced a coalition".

I think an important role of individuals is to foster the mutual
understanding
of organisations to reach more complex tasks.
Otherwise, each coalition would have to form a new organisation and we
would not
be able to distinguish, not even mentioning to act.

Franz