Theft WAS Re: [ox-en] The term "intellectual property"

Hi,

I've not got too hung up about re-naming the concept of "intellectual property" has this concept belongs to a decaying method of production. ( I am more interested in the language of our growing method of production, the language of our telos, so to speak ).

I understand though that it is necessary to tackle the term "intellectual property" in order that we may tackle the concept of "intellectual property" in our own heads and the heads of others.

May be we should unfold Proudhon's thoughts in to this thread.

"If I were asked to answer the following question: What is slavery? and I should answer in one word, It is murder, my meaning would be understood at once. No extended argument would be required to show that the power to take from a man his thought, his will, his personality, is a power of life and death; and that to enslave a man is to kill him. Why, then, to this other question: What is property! may I not likewise answer, It is robbery, without the certainty of being misunderstood; the second proposition being no other than a transformation of the first?"

Proudhon, Pierre Joseph . What is Property? An Inquiry into the Principle of Right and of Government.

--
Adam