Re: [ox-en] GPL Restrictive (and all the rest of those threads that this grew out of)

Comrades

On Thursday 13 November 2003 20:24, Graham Seaman wrote:

That link refers specifically to software developed by government funded
research bodies, which is one of Microsofts targets.

The links wre in no way meant to be complete...just a sample so to pull one up
and dismiss is sort of misses the point. Thts probably my point for not being
clear about them in the first place.
I am interested is the bigger picture, the theme, rhetoric, ideology
underlying all of this.

Also, this is very specifically a US problem which relates to the way US
public research bodies have handled software in the past (IIRC they are
not allowed to sell it at all;

the Microsoft anti competeition line is being run around the world. Australia,
Asai, Latin America and now in Africa - law in our era cannot be said to be a
US problem simply  because of the Imperial tendency.