Re: [ox-en] inside wsis

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, pietro wrote:

Thomas Berker said:

Just to avoid a possible misunderstanding: I don't think (and didn't
intend to say) that Lula & Co fight power in order to liberate someone
or something. I do think, however, that they are fighting established
power structures in order to remain in power themselves and that they
obviously think that Free Software can be an ally (among others:
evangelists, capitalists...) in this struggle. But then, what do I know
about Brazil?! Still all wrong?

in fact, they aren't fighting any power structures. imho they realied that
in order to stay in power it is easier to cooperate with who's really in
charge than to fight them.

This surely can't apply to the free software part of the PT's policies -
which seem to fit with their general strategy of trying to put themselves
in the position of world leaders of resistance to the US/multinationals
within the WTO. Or is there something very cynical going on which isn't
visible to outsiders?

Graham

pietro.