[ox-en] Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius WAS A CRIStmas Carol

Hi Listo,

i'm late, i'm late for a very important date .... ;)

I.	Universal Field Theory

on 24-12-02 I wrote:

As I sit here "froze to the bone in my igloo home,

... counting the days to the ice turns green."

Its February and it has :)

I have hacked together a story about Software, Economics and Politics - topics which I know we all have in mind.

Good news - the hack works ! More feedback required ! [Happy Valentine]

Like the Dickens' story of the same name, this one is authored with the intention of keeping our spirits warm in these dark days; like his story the main character is haunted by ghosts.

Kind of Dickens' ... but more based the book of short stories by Jorge Luis Borges *Labyrinths* - I was simply inspired by Niall's post of 06/12/03 23:42 which tells us a little bit of the history of the Irish state. Borges in one of the short stories tells how the actors, in need of a script, borrowed one from Shakespeare. I borrowed one from Borges - Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius ;)

Modes of Production: Species and Genera
=======================================

This bit is mine ... although massively inspired by concepts of hierarchical structures and the text of Christine Di Stefano (Happy Valentine).

Here's me making this mistake viz. hierarchy again:

their method is called Dialectical Materialism and it is not the property of the left - it is in the public domain - i think this method is appropriate for analysis of living organisms because it's why it was designed and it makes common sense; this is no doubt the reason why we are unconsciously using this method to produce FLOSS - the trick is now to be conscious of what we are doing already in the information kingdom and impose our telos in to the animal, vegetable and mineral kingdoms

Sorry about that; I must have had a stiffy at the time. [grin]

I'd like to refold my email of the 08/02/04 02:37 IV also, and go back to where Niall got us to here:

 What are the boundaries of the ecosystem in your mind ?

None. Just lots of ecosystems inside ecosystems within other ecosystems which is as the universe is: fully recursive.

... and another ...

  What are the boundaries of the ecosystem in my mind ?

Also none. Indeed my mind and your mind are inextricably linked and the same, but also totally separate and different. The inevitable consequence of recursion :)

This allows the *atom* to exist where ever ... and I'd like to put in Rich's:

<big snip>

        An information system is (maps 1-1 onto) an ecosystem.

</big snip>

... and just keep the 1-1 bit
... and using the Clean-Language flip

and then:

 ... go over here - Wow !

http://laetusinpraesens.org/docs00s/taote5.php

Didn't I write Tao was just around the corner ? ... and would you believe that this group has made a start on the maths ! - I sense a *Universal Field Theory* ... catching up on all the mombo-jombo same old, same-old philosophy had got me thinking like an Ancient Greek ... nearly forgetting 3 years of traditional theoretical physics - you know, the stuff they teach in schools - duh !

We going to have some fun now ! ... and read how this group would fit in with Auskadi's mumbles:

En-minding the Extended Body
http://laetusinpraesens.org/docs00s/enmind.php

    We live in a dream world. With a small, rational part of the brain, we recognise that our existence is governed by material realities, and that, as those realities change, so will our lives. But underlying this awareness is the deep semi-consciousness that absorbs the moment in which we live, then generalises it, projecting our future lives as repeated instances of the present. This, not the superficial world of our reason, is our true reality. All that separates us from the indigenous people of Australia is that they recognise this and we do not. Our dreaming will, as it has begun to do already, destroy the conditions necessary for human life on Earth.

I'm not jossing - I'm spotting patterns all over the place ... which is probably a good time to burn Borges out of his Labyrinth / Library, just as Eco did in the Name of the Rose.

 Emancipate the information,
 Emancipate the history,
 Emancipate the ecosystem,
 Emancipate the Universe.
 No more same old same-old.

 Perhaps a metaphor ?
 I don't know any more ? [eek - Grin]

II. 	Debugging / Demything

Genus : Zeus
------------

"I still dream of organon - I wake up crying" Kate Bush: Cloud Bursting

Me too - (Happy Valentine)

The way I had this story patened, and the content I had taken from ...

[4] Barbara Leonie Picard (Happy Valentine)- Introduction to the "All colour book of Greek Mythology" by Richard Patrick [4a] The Achean and Dorian invasions

... may lead folk to believe that before Genera Zeus there existed a more pleasant Genera. This I doubt was ever true:

# Abandoning the search for an empowering past – the search for matriarchy – is one step in the right direction. The creation of compensatory myths of the distant past of women will not emancipate women in the present and the future.

# [W]omen's history is the primary tool for women's emancipation.

# Everything that explains the world has in fact explained a world that does not exist, a world in which men are at the center of the human enterprise and women are at the margin "helping" them. Such a world does not exist -- never has.

# We can learn from history how past generations thought and acted, how they responded to the demands of their time and how they solved their problems. We can learn by analogy, not by example, for our circumstances will always be different than theirs were. The main thing history can teach us is that human actions have consequences and that certain choices, once made, cannot be undone. They foreclose the possibility of making other choices and thus they determine future events.

# What we do about history matters. The often repeated saying that those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them has a lot of truth in it. But what are 'the lessons of history'? The very attempt at definition furnishes ground for new conflicts. History is not a recipe book; past events are never replicated in the present in quite the same way. Historical events are infinitely variable and their interpretations are a constantly shifting process. There are no certainties to be found in the past.

http://womenshistory.about.com/cs/quotes/a/gerda_lerner.htm
Gerda Lerner [ Happy Valentine ]

III.	Athena Alive

Genus : Athena
--------------

"If the structure of my environment reflected the structure of my thinking, what information would that give me?" [7]

[7] Penny Tompkins and James Lawley - http://www.devco.demon.co.uk/SRP.html

(Happy Valentine)

... and thus my use of clean language in [BUG] Something is rotten in the state of Debian ;) - (Happy Valentine Paul, Mako.)

Now, for me, this is where the fun started ... mixing up the atomics of clean language / special relativity / aristotle / democratus / epicurus ... and observing phenomena / patterns develop. I tried to point the ones I'd caught on the way ... but this caused further spirals ... and when I re-read the emails I sense I'd need 3rd order differentials to make a model ... and maybe a couple more dimensions. Dunno - I still think this phenomena can be explained without having to resort to heavy abstraction ... maybe like this:

 Life : Love : Information

And I'm going to leave it there for now ... I've said my peace ... any more could be construed as trolling.

Lifting a story from Wittgenstein, I'm returning to Engineering, because most of the world has this triple:

 Water : Bread : Peace

... and our Pat told me that it is emotion that wins arguments and not logic.

Happy Valentines Mam - Happy Valentines Mrs Darwin - thanks for the push for life - No parent should have to bury their child from lack of information.

--
diamat-urfurled :: unifix v1.0
http://testers.mkdoc.com/pat-fury/benedicimur/