Re: [ox-en] "counteracting causes" and the most productive class - Negri's Leninism?

"In order for there to be an average rate of profit throughout the capitalist system, branches of industry that employ very little labor but a lot of machinery must be able to have the right to call on the pool of value that high-labor, low-tech branches create. If there were no such branches or no such right, then the average rate of profit would be so low in the high-tech, low-labor industries that all investment would stop and the system would terminate. Consequently, "new enclosures" in the countryside must accompany the rise of "automatic processes" in industry, the computer requires the sweat shop, and the cyborg's existence is premised on the slave."

the issue I suppose is "whose new society" does the gpl found .....

Given this logic the term "new society" would not be appropriate, perhaps "slightly evolved society" - as it would seem the gpl does not possess the ability to produce a completely "new" society. I agree with this - however I also think the gpl and its attendant concepts can, and will be, a part of a more complete change.