Re: [ox-en] Re: [pox] Important: English list

Thankyou for this Thomas
I think you have dealt with it all very well
I shall leave a note if and when i leave
Martin

Berker wrote:

Hi Niall, hi list

I am glad that the English list exists and that it is different from the German one, of which I am a long-term member.

Some of the things happening here now - namely that the maintainer is trying to exclude (certain) politics from debate (and certain not) - have happened on the German list earlier, resulting in me and some others withdrawing at least to a certain extent. This maintainer, Stefan Mn, is just terribly afraid that some political activists could capture his precious baby [ox[-en]] and malfeed it - because they don't understand its 'real' nature. Stefan Mn has made it clear several times that he will try to avoid everything, which could scare away one certain target group: the imaginary group of software developers contributing to Free Software. According to surveys, this group consists of a large fraction of explicitly non-political individuals, some of them tired of activists and activism, some of them arguing (neo)liberal, some of them do just not care, etc. Everyone happy with an [ox[-en]] that is avoiding to talk politics for the most, will be happy with this list further on. I doubt that another [ox[-en]] is possible maintained by Stefan Mn. Those not happy with it have already gone or will have to move on (please leave a note).

However, I have another problem with the state of the English list in the way you, Niall, frame it.