Re: [ox-en] Re: [pox] Important: English list

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 09:41:29PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Rich Walker wrote:
But more to the point:

Why is the nature and purpose of *this**list* being debated in a
different list with a different membership?

It was posted earlier on this list (search the archives) that pox is
a billingual list for admin decisions about "The Oekonux Project" as a whole,
hence the name, pox, for Project Oekenux. Formerly it was used to sort out
practicalities of conferences etc. but can also be used for admin decisions
on both lists.

Why discuss it there, when this is so far just a problem on the English list?
Well, again, someone (can't remember who) argued that it would be a bit silly
to have different policies for different lingustic lists of the same project.
I think that's a valid point.

because as far as I can tell, that kind of running political games
behind the backs of those participating in the debate is really shitty
practice.

"Behind the backs" is how it looks, I agree. It was not made sufficiently clear
that the other list existed for this purpose (observers could be forgiven
for thinking otherwise due to the number of posts about banning on _this_
list) nor was it made clear why, from the start. Communication failure.

The information above should be on the website, so that you can't miss it.
Stefan, can you please add it?
--
Robin

P.S. I am not a member of the pox list, just stating the facts as I see them.