Re: [ox-en] Debates in the Wiki

On Monday 08 August 2005 09:10, Stefan Merten wrote:

Hi magius et al!

Last week (8 days ago) magius wrote:
2005/7/31, Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de>:
for collecting pages describing debates here on this list. I added a
first page about the discussions of the GesellianModels at:

        http://en.wiki.oekonux.org/Oekonux/Debates/GesellianModels

Stefan, better you change the page title  ;)

I was not sure on the page title, indeed. May be something like
`AlternativeMoney' would catch what I meant. Right?

alternative is misleading - one thinks of AN alternative which conjures up
competition and singularity  (diversity is all) - complementary or community
currencies would be more accurate - complementary in that they operate
alongside other money systems and in some ways augment them - ie they are
synergistic.

community currencies because any community (geographic, interest, association,
network) can have its own money system but not as an alternative to existing
and new moneys but as a complement.

OpenMoney is a LETS-like decentralized model and instead "Gesellian"
demurrage based model is (actually) a centralized model. They're NOT
similar.

So please feel free to improve on my understanding and explain the
differences. That's what a Wiki is for :-) .

your understanding would be much improved by reading the wealth of material
(20 years worth) already written in places like these...
....money and community
http://www.openmoney.org/play/m&c-notes.html

....the money problem
http://www.gmlets.u-net.com/explore/problems.html

...current system design
http://dev.openmoney.org/tiki-index.php

...ebook by Tom Greco - New Money for Healthy Communities
http://www.ratical.org/many_worlds/cc/NMfHC/

...argentina
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4243942,00.html

ernie