Re: [ox-en] New economic model for free technology?

Hi Karel!

Thanks for your answers. Please allow for some more questions.

5 days ago Karel Kulhavy wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 05:45:42PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Stefan Merten wrote:
The deeper reason is that if you create a good for nothing else than
its use value than you can create the very best thing thinkable. This

Ronja has no use value for me. I got 1Mbps ADSL connection at home which
is reliable enough for me and don't need any Ronja.

This is very interesting. So what is your motivation to create Ronja?
Is it simply an / your engineer's dream?

were more important than technical and useage considerations?

Yes for me the question whether I'll starve to death is more important
than what noise figure will Ronja 10M Metropolis receiver have.

I see every day in work how proprietary technology is inefficient and
how my work is reinventing wheel again and again. But until people
understand that it's necessary to send lots of financial gifts to Ronja,
it will have to stay this way. I am not stupid to become a beggar just
for someone else to be able to have better Ronja.

If people sent enough money from the very beginning they would have
1Gbps and 5km range now. But they have 10Mbps and 1.4km range now so
Ronja is practically unusable for serious free information
infrastructures.

You seem to be very decided to earn enough money for living with
developing Ronja. At the same time you seem pretty sure that there is
some need (aka market) for it. In capitalism this is seen as the
perfect start for a new company.

For some reasons seemingly you did not chose this option. Can you tell
us why?